Tested water - Plaster tomorrow

Watershow

Jun 10, 2020
Riverside County, CA
Hey guys!
So I just tested my fill water using the TF 100 as plaster begins tomorrow. This was my first time, so any advice or feedback appreciated. I added a photo of the ph and cl/br readings and I found it a little difficult matching the color as I want to be as accurate as possible. Also, I used the speed stirrer to mix. When the testing for color such as CH and TA - for ex when testing CH do I stop putting in the drops as soon as the color changes to violet or do I keep going until it turns solid blue? Color can be subjective. Also, for TA it says to stop until it turns red. How red? Sorry, this question may be dumb but just want to make sure I’m doing it right.

cL/br - 1-2
Ph - 8.2
Fc -1.5
Cc- 0
Tc- 1.5
Ch-125
TA-100

based on these readings, what do I need to look out for after the fill and ingredients I will need. It will be a chlorinated pool for now - no swg. Thanks!

Attachments

• D72102BF-1987-4598-BF51-B2D1DE9589EF.jpeg
    D72102BF-1987-4598-BF51-B2D1DE9589EF.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
I test inside beside a sink to dispose of the water. Before each test rinse the vial with pool water.
CH is when the sample turns blue, not violet
TA is when it goes to HOT pink

Don’t bother with that FC test in the comparator block. I’ve never used mine in 8 years. You can use it to see if you have any chlorine versus none- that’s about all its good for. But like to know how much I have. Just use the FAS/DPD drop test.

Don’t bother with that FC test in the comparator block. I’ve never used mine in 8 years. You can use it to see if you have any chlorine versus none- that’s about all its good for. But like to know how much I have. Just use the FAS/DPD drop test.
But you would still use the block to test the ph, correct? Also, I tested my levels today again for practice after PB did the initial start up (he hasn’t added sequestration or any other chemicals yet).

based on the readings today, it looks like I need to increase my calcium, which seems really low as it is currently at 75, decrease my ph (at 8.2), and increase my TA (80).So to start I would need to purchase muriatic acid to decrease my ph, chlorine to chlorinate my pool, calcium chloride to up my calcium, and dry cya. Is there anything else im missing?

also, is it normal for my CH to be this low? Will adding muriatic acid also increase my TA? Wondering if I did the test correctly. TIA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.