Test Results - Party on Saturday

faigenistic

Jun 20, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Hey everyone!

I've been doing this pool chemistry thing on my own this summer and have my 4 year old son's birthday party this weekend. Pool looks great and we've been swimming in it all summer. I just took some readings this morning at 10AM using my my K-2005 test kit (excluding FC/TC/CC which i used the FAS/DPD test) and this is what I had:

Temp: 82F
pH: 7.4
FC: 15.0
CC: 0.5
TC: 15.5
TA: 60
CH: 180
CYA: N/A (out of reagent - but last reading was a month ago and was at 80)
Salt: 3345 (using SWCG reading)

Like I said, we've been swimming daily and the water clarity and feel is great. There will be 20+ kids in this bad boy on Saturday. It seems pretty good to me, but I just wanted to check to see the broader, more experienced group here if I needed to do any minor adjustments before then?

Thanks everyone!

All this looks fine...except, you really need to know your CYA to know if your FC level is ok or high.

It is safe to swim when your FC is between minimum and SLAM level for your CYA. Since we don't know your CYA, not sure if 15 is too high or not. I'd get that reagent ordered...

ASSUMING your CYA is 70 (10ppm degradation in a month). You are good from FC 3-28.

You probably can't get CYA reagent in the next day unless you can get 1-day shipping on Amazon or something but definitely reorder that! If your pool is clear and you can see the bottom of the deepest part for swimmer safety, you FC should be fine for swimming.

I know it's nice and hot in Charlotte so keep your FC in line so that it doesn't dip and you get wake up Saturday morning to a cloudy pool and ruin the party. Afterwards with all those little ones, you'll definitely need to hit it pretty good with more FC. 20some 4 year olds to me = plenty of pee in that pool...

I would add some liquid chlorine right before the party and then add more after the party

That was the advice I got from these forums earlier this summer.

Also might want to throw a few tennis balls in the skimmers for all the sunscreen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.