Test Results Not Matching Up with Pool Store

chew12

Mar 29, 2013
I having been having a lot of issues of getting concrete test results. I like to match up my test results (TF-100) to a pool stores to make sure my results are valid. So I normally go in weekly to the pool store just to get a water test. I have found that thre results wildly varies between each pool store and my results. I don't know who to trust. For example, yesterday I went to a pool store (Pool Werx) and they told my CYA was at 100, where as my CYA test told me I was at 60. I was shocked as I had drained half of my pool 2 weeks ago and my tests all were in the 55-60 CYA range. I'm in the process of getting back into liquid cholorine instead of tabs (I fell off the TFP bandwagon and trying to get back on). This same thing has happend to me many weeks ago, I went to leslies to get the water tested and they said I was at 100, then i went straight to pool werx who said it was around 60. Any suggestions on how to verify my tests are valid?

dbtgallery.php

I like to match up my test results (TF-100) to a pool stores to make sure my results are valid.
It almost never will. Do yourself a favor and stop going there. Trust your own testing. That's what TFP is all about. This statement says it all ...
So I normally go in weekly to the pool store just to get a water test. I have found that their results wildly varies between each pool store and my results.
Exactly our point. Trust YOU!

If you have a question, post a full set of your TF-100 results and we'll help you with it. No worries there.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way .... WELCOME TO TFP! :wave:

I actually have two test kits, a TF-100 and a ColorQ Pro 7. While the TF-100 is more accurate, I do use the ColorQ kit for quick checks to see if any of my levels are trending up or down over the week. If I get a questionable reading, I always follow up with the TF-100 kit and record my new levels. The ColorQ pro always reads horribly low on the CH test and also reads consistently low on FC at levels above 5 ppm. PH, ALK and CYA are usually close to the TF-100 readings.

Thanks for the advice and confidence in the TF-100. I recently had to purchase more CYA regent (R-0013) and just wanted to confirm since I got it off amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VZORS2 ) that it was indeed compatiable with the TF-100 test. My kit is around 4 years old, which also added to uncertanty of my tests may not be accurate. It sounds like I should just stop going to the pool store and ignore their tests.

I would suggest considering getting a full replacement of reagents from TFTestkits.net. If any of your reagents are 4 years old, they are well outside the recommended shelf life.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.