Test results and problem with chlorine level

CarolineM

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2018
Annapolis, MD
My SWG seems to be making too much Chlorine. I've turned it down to 10% and my FC is still high. Not sure what to do. My PH is always drifting up, I lower it with MA to get it down 7.0 and the next day it is up at 7.8 - 8.0 and climbing. I can't seem to stabilize it and I'm constantly adding MA

Pool gets sun from sun up until sun down. I do not use a solar cover.

Test done at 9:00 am with overcast conditions

FC 10
CC 0.5
TC 10.5
PH 7.8
TA 80
CYA 80
CH 600
bromate 50
Salt 3200
Water Temp 80
CSI 0.12

Top off fill water from our well that is treated with water softener, tri-max filter and chemical injection

Hose Water Result

FC 0.5
PH 6.8
TA 100
CH 0

I have not added water in the last 7 days and my PH continues to rise.

Right now I test pool water daily for eeverything in the test kit. TF-100 with Speed Stir

C,

Your FC is not all that high... With a SWCG and a CYA of 80 you should be looking for an FC of 6 or so...

Since you have an EasyTouch, you can set the output all the way down to 1% if you want..

You did not say, but how long are you running your pump? The two ways to control the amount of chlorine a cell makes are Output % and/or pump run time.

Most saltwater pools like their pH to be about 7.8... Quit trying to get it down to 7.2... Keep it between 7.6 and 8.0...

Another thing you can do is lower your TA to 70 or so... This is how.... Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

If you decide to lower the TA, you need to keep doing it every two to four hours, over and over until you get the TA where you want it. You also need something like a waterfall or water feature to aerate the pool water...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thank you for your reply.

My pump runs at different speeds 24 hours a day. I have a cascade feature I can use for aeration when lowering my TA. It's one those features we haven't used yet, but I guess it will come in handy for this purpose.

I will only lower my PH if it gets over 8 or when lowering TA

I will lower my SWG percentage more via the easy touch and keep a close eye on the FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.