CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 60
CH 250
CYA 30
CSI -0.23
Water temp 61 degrees F

I put my test results into the pool math app and it recommended:

-raise FC to 4 by adding 44 oz of 8.25 bleach (I added the 44 oz.)

-lower pH to 7.4 by adding 18 oz of muriatic acid (I haven't done that yet)

-raise TA to 80 by adding 94 oz of baking soda (I haven't done that yet)

-raise CH to 270 by adding 3 lbs, 11 oz of calcium chloride (I added 3 lbs)

-raise CYA to 40 by adding 27 oz of stabilizer (I haven't done that yet, but I will do it today)

I was all set to add the baking soda to raise the TA and then I read a bunch of threads saying that TA of 60 is okay and don't worry about TA too much.

I will add the acid when it's not so windy. We're having really strong wind today and I don't want to mess with acid during that. I will also add the stabilizer today.

Should I go ahead and add the baking soda or is TA of 60 okay?

Thanks for your help! :)

You have an inline chlorinator. If you have any pucks you can use those for a month or so to raise your CYA and maintain your FC. They will also control your pH too. Just use Effects of Adding Chemicals in the app to see what each puck does to your pool water.

Otherwise, all your parameters are fine as they are right now.

Thank you!

I actually need to go check the chlorinator and see if it has any pucks in it. The pool builder put some in when it was filled in late November and I'm not sure if they've added any since then. They are wrapping up loose ends on our project. We should be having pool school soon and then we will be completely taking over the pool care.

So it sounds like if we're still in the general ranges for each level, that's okay, and don't worry about trying to add chemicals to reach the target level that Pool Math suggests? Just staying in the acceptable ranges is good enough?

Thanks again for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.