test results after water leak

MikS

May 24, 2015
Staten Island New York
I opened my pool sat 5/28 to find it 3 ft lower than when i closed it found a crack in the steps and repaired it with marine epoxy thew in 4 gal of liquid shock and cleaned the pool filled with water took readings today.

FC 13
CC 0
CH 350
TA 60
CYA 30
PH 7.34 ( meter )

Im a little concerned about the cya being on the low side as well as the TA , should I raise the cya a little the pool right now shines like diamonds.

Thanks for the quick reply what would you suggest I use to raise cya 10 ppm. I thought I was doing things the TFP method my liquid shock is 12% bleach I only open with that then its 8% clorox the rest of the season with borax / muriatic adjustments for PH only I think ill heat the water a little before we go swimming.

You use stabilizer. You are doing everything correctly, but having proper amount of stabilizer in pool is also part of TFPC.
I never had to use a stabalizer the previous owner used triclor pucks and the CYA was 300 when I bought the house 4 years ago and I been draining a little at a time to lower and last year it was down to 80 but after the leak in the steps and the refill put me at 30 so I thought it should be slightly higher maybe 40 or 50

From Pool School:

Solid/granular cyanuric acid (CYA) should be placed in a sock and the sock put in the skimmer basket or suspended in front of a pool return. After adding CYA you should leave the pump running for 24 hours and not backwash/clean the filter for a week. Squeezing the sock periodically will help it to dissolve faster. Test and dose chemicals in your pool assuming the amount of CYA added is in the pool according to Poolmath. CYA can be tested the day after it is fully dissolved from the sock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.