Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I survived Florence!

Got about 20.54 or more inches of rain and was without power for 18 hours. Thats not bad considering some people around here still dont have power.

Finally cleared up here today so I started to get the pool cleaned out. Went to Leslies for a leaf scoop net and some shock (I know Im gping to be low on CYA and dont have any). Also bought a small bottle of R-0013 because I ran out. Side note:I turned a young couple on to our website after I heard the saleslady selling them hundreds of dollars worth of chemicals.

Test results:
FC 2.0
CC 0.5
TC 2.5
pH 7.6
CH 50
TA 50
CYA 20

I cant run the filter yet because the pump is under water. Scooped a whole lot of leaves out and stirred in a bag of dichlor shock. I have 2 more and 2 gallons of bleach to hold me over until the pump and SWG get dry enough not to trip the breaker.

Last edited:
Can I ask what’s up
With the store stuff - dichlor? Why not bleach ?
I totally agree with the OP on this one.
Knowing that their CYA was low and knowing what Dichlor adds ... kill a few birds with one stone.

Remember TFPC is all about knowing what the pool needs and how you can add it ... not strictly about only using certain chemicals.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got the pump running and vaccumed out the left-over stuff.

Salt was really low, added 2 bags and got it up to 2700. Need to pick up some more. CYA is still low, need that also.

I survived Florence!

Got about 20.54 or more inches of rain and was without power for 18 hours. Thats not bad considering some people around here still dont have power.

Finally cleared up here today so I started to get the pool cleaned out. Went to Leslies for a leaf scoop net and some shock (I know Im gping to be low on CYA and dont have any). Also bought a small bottle of R-0013 because I ran out. Side note:I turned a young couple on to our website after I heard the saleslady selling them hundreds of dollars worth of chemicals.

Test results:
FC 2.0
CC 0.5
TC 2.5
pH 7.6
CH 50
TA 50
CYA 20

I cant run the filter yet because the pump is under water. Scooped a whole lot of leaves out and stirred in a bag of dichlor shock. I have 2 more and 2 gallons of bleach to hold me over until the pump and SWG get dry enough not to trip the breaker.

Glad to see you all made it through. In September 2017, with Hurricane Harvey alot of us in Houston did not fair as well. With some places over 60 inches of rain we had severe flooding in homes, etc. Our pump was submerged too and wait until it is completely dry before you turn it back on. There's a very good chance if you let it dry very thoroughly it will kick on. However, it may be short lived. Everyone around me has had to replace their submerged pumps. Think maybe 3-6 months. I dumped in load of bleach and shock and used the pool broom to stir things up 2-3 times a day. It really did help. Then after power was restored I used a Harbor Freight bilge pump to keep things mixed up. If you have a pool heater also be on the lookout as it may also be toast. My vacuum booster pump was the first to die after our power was restored followed a few weeks later by the pool pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.