Test kits in Canada?

Supercooper

Jul 2, 2020
Ontario
Hi!
We recently bought a new house and acquired a 20x40 salt water pool. It needed a little TLC and in the last month we have replaced the liner, out in a VS pump and new salt cell (along with fixing a mess of wiring). We had been struggling a bit with keeping FC up and changing the cell helped but I think the biggest culprit was CYA levels (which the pool store told us was ok at 33, and now I’m learning this is not so). I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good test kit in Canada? I’m aware of the Taylor/TS test kits but unfortunately it seems they aren’t available here and it looks like having it shipped in would be close to $300.
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum!
You are right, getting a proper test kit in Canada is not real easy and can be expensive.
There are some members this year that have used Amazon, Walmart, etc online to get a Taylor K2006 or some individual tests. I believe one or two also have used forwarding companies. Search the forum for ideas.
Once the border opens, you can use a mail drop.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.