Test Kit(s)

Baylor840

Jun 1, 2020
Burleson, Texas
Hi All -

I have been reading the site for a while, and certainly understand how important proper testing can be. I am about 1/2 way through my in-ground, gunite, SWG build and want to make sure I get off to a good start. My PB provided a basic Pentair 4-way (Amazon.com : Pentair R151186 78HR All in One 4 Way pH and Chlorine Test Kit : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Garden & Outdoor). It certainly appears this is going to be insufficient to get the proper information on my water. My question is whether there is an ancillary test I can buy to supplement what the Pentair kit offers, of do I just need to pull the trigger on the TF-100? Also, regardless of the answer to that question, will I need any additional test related to salt, since my pool with use a SWG for sanitation? I do not often see folks talking about salt testing on the forum, but the TFT site offers a separate salt test and an add-on. Any help and thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Trying to supplement the Pentair kit will cost more than just buying a full TF100. Add the Taylor K1766 for salt and the SmartStir (when it becomes available) for convenience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.