Holts Summit, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Just so everyone is aware the refill kits for the TFP test kits are currently on sale here. Hope it helps, mine is on the way already....looking forward to see what I can do better my second year with my permanent AGP (upgrade from Intex that died of COVID...)

I placed my order on Monday, 3/7 in the early afternoon AZ time. It shipped Tuesday. It arrived yesterday, Thursday - NC to AZ in two days via USPS.
Looking forward to starting this swim season off with fresh reagents and my new SWG.

Reactions: DanF
As stupid as it sounds, the speed stir is probably one of the best investments I did for the pool. Thing is 10 years old and still going. I do remove the batteries at the end of season though. I hope I didn't just jinx myself this year.

OMG. I was a fool before. I just did a full set of tests. I love the smart stir. I doubted I’d care about it since I was like “uhm I can literally just swish it around while doing the assorted drops!” Ahhhh. This is something else. What a helpful tool.

• Haha
Reactions: newdude
*to anyone new reading this in the future. The above comments are repeated elsewhere in the forum about 10k times.

It is the best $35 you can spend on your pool....... Heck..... on yourself (pool related)

Treat yo self.

Ok party people, I have to know, what is so great about the speed stir? Are the speed stir and smart stir two different things? Does it only work with the TF-100 kit (I have the K2006C)? As kul said, I do and have been just swirling the tube as I put drops in. I only see the smart stir on the site and for $48 plus $6 in shipping, it had better get me a beer every time I turn it on! :laughblue:

• Wow
Reactions: kul

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is pricey. I needed some other reagents so I was able to spend the $100 to get free shipping. It should hopefully last a while. It works with any kit and comes with a graduated cylinder

Per post above I should have shopped around. Well now I kinda feel ripped off by TFP. Whelp, @V___25 get it on Amazon!!

IMO, Jseyfert3 utterly NAILED it.

'I have tools that I'd replace when I got around to it, and those I'd replace that day. The speed stir is the latter'

The speed stir and smart stir are equals. Old design/ new design kinda thing.

Oooh I didn’t realize they were different. I can’t say this is the first time I jumped the gun! Regardless, I like what I received and I hope it works for many years.

Reactions: newdude
I hate the fact that I only need refills on the chlorine related tests, but buying the chlorine reagents separately is the same price as a full TF-100 refill on sale. So I'm going to have piles of R-0007 to R-0013 just lying around...

I hate the fact that I only need refills on the chlorine related tests, but buying the chlorine reagents separately is the same price as a full TF-100 refill on sale. So I'm going to have piles of R-0007 to R-0013 just lying around...

Or test more frequently. :poke:
(Full disclosure, I probably don't test as often as I should either.)

If any of the older reagents where bought two or more years ago (except the R-0013), toss them. Not worth taking a chance on inaccurate results due to old reagents. The R-0013 CYA reagent is probably the most stable and can probably be used when 3 years old (maybe longer).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.