Test Kit arrived!!! First test need advice

You will need less chlorine to maintain FC levels once the CYA gets mixed in. CYA can take 24 hrs & more to show. But definitely use chlorine to maintain FC while getting CYA situated or you will then have algae to deal with too.

Have you brushed your pool to try & help mix it in?

That is the correct amount of liquid chlorine as long as it is 10%.
Okay I added the liquid chlorine (10%) thursday late afternoon….checked couple hrs later

FC 4
CC 1

Checked Friday morning pre-sun

FC 3.5
CC 1

Saturday (today) 11:45am re-checked all levels

FC 2
CC .5
CH 525
TA 140
Ph 8.2? (looks very pink in the test block)
CYA less tha 20ppm (I can def see the black dot but it does grow cloudy looking—not at all like last weekend when it was totally clear)

Thoughts now? Do I keep adding liquid chlorine or should I consider adding more powder CYA? Also of note we are about to get four days of thunderstorms, should I wait till after those are over before I start messing with levels?

Add 10ppm more CYA - which will give you a CYA of 30 or slightly less... call it 30.
Dose chlorine to the top end of target range according to the FC/CYA Levels for your CYA level.
Never let the chlorine fall below minimum for your CYA level.

Do this before the pending storms.
Test FC daily to be sure you stay abofe the minimum level for you CYA.

Well, I have been at this almost a month and the pool has been looking pretty decent. I have recently begun to grow algae and checked my levels today, here is what I have.

FC - 0
CC - 0
CH - 450
TA - 120
Ph - something well above 8.2 (the color was way darker pink than on the little test kit block)
CYA - under 20 (was still able to very easily see the black dot in test tube even though it was a tiny bit cloudy)

I am still trying to learn and figure out the pool math app --- it currently states for my pool and these numbers to add (using a Ph of 8.5)

--121 oz of 14.5% Muriatic acid
--96 oz of 10% liquid chlorine at a CYA of 5 and target FC of 3
--83 oz of dry stabilizer (at a CYA of 5 and a target CYA of 30)

Does this sound reasonable? If not which direction do I go?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.