Test kit alternatives

If you can only get 1 of those 2 I would get the drop based kit over the test strips.

However, check some of these out FIRST to see if you can get a TF-100 or K2006C:

"How to Buy a TF-100 outside the USA:
Check legality, if legal: Have a friend buy it in the US and send it to you or ship to PO Box/will-call near border and pickup yourself or use an international forwarding service if you can find a trustworthy one (5 Reliable Parcel Forwarding Companies For International Shoppers | HuffPost)

How to Buy a K2006 or K2006C Outside the USA:
Canada: only Lowry & Associates in Newmarket, Ontario (905-836-0505) or [email protected].
Spain & Portugal: only BEHQ SL (34-93-846-53-36) or [email protected].
Rest of the World: pretty much only HornerXpress Worldwide in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (954-938-5355) or [email protected].

How to Buy LaMotte 7002 FAS-DPD Commercial Series Kits (FAS-DPD Commercial 7 Kit):
UK: poolandspacentre.co.uk or sword-scientific.com or pro-swim.co.uk

How to Buy Palintest: [SP 315C (similar to K-2005) AND/+ SP 300 FAS-DPD chlorine test]
UK: Tel: +44 (0) 191 491 0808 ext. 208 Email: [email protected] or camlabworld.com or pool-chem.co.uk

How to Buy Lovibond test kit:
UK: pro-swim.co.uk or lovibondwater.com or leisureteq.co.uk "

Lovibond makes the Pooltester Multipooltester 5 in 1 like you linked to earlier. This test is sufficient to test everything EXCEPT chlorine.

Here it is on the Lovibond website: Pooltester Multipooltester 5 in 1 in plastic case

You will need to find some way to obtain a FAS-DPD chlorine test though, because that kit from Lovibond does not test chlorine over 3 parts per million and that is not high enough for the methods recommended on this website. See if you can order the Taylor re-agents R-0870 (DPD powder), R-0871 (FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent), and R-003 (DPD Reagent #3)... with the Pooltester kit + The 3 FAS-DPD chlorine re-agents and you should be able to manage your pool.

Did you not have any success contacting BEHQ SL? They are the official provider of Taylor products in your country (I think). They would know how you can get either a K-2006C or the 3 re-agents you need for the FAS-DPD chlorine test that the Pooltester would be missing.

Did you not have any success contacting BEHQ SL? They are the official provider of Taylor products in your country (I think). They would know how you can get either a K-2006C or the 3 re-agents you need for the FAS-DPD chlorine test that the Pooltester would be missing.

I contact them by email. I'm waiting for an answer. The Pooltester I can get on a online shop for about 40Euros. The k-2006C looks like it will cost more than 100Eur. I read that the test kit only last for one year. If it costs more than change the pool water I don't know if I should by it :s

I contact them by email. I'm waiting for an answer. The Pooltester I can get on a online shop for about 40Euros. The k-2006C looks like it will cost more than 100Eur. I read that the test kit only last for one year. If it costs more than change the pool water I don't know if I should by it :s
Even if you change the water you still have to test it for the rest of the summer at least....

I understand that cost is too much. Did you ask BEHQ SL about ordering Taylor reagents R-0870 (DPD powder), R-0871 (FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent), and R-0003 (DPD Reagent #3)? That is the test that the 5 in 1 "PoolTester" is missing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.