Temporary pump solution?

Jul 5, 2018
South Louisiana
I drained and refilled my Intex AGP yesterday, slowly adding CYA and chlorine as it filled. Unfortunately, once the water reached the dual intakes, I discovered that the T- connector has a bad leak. I've ordered a new part from Intex, but it won't be here before Thursday at the absolute earliest. Iwill try to source one locally today, but if I can't, what's the best way to get some circulation and filtration going?

My thoughts so far have been:
  1. Plugging one of the inlets and getting some sort of adapter for the one hose
  2. Dropping in my sump pump and feeding the outlet back into the pool. But that wouldn't help with filtration.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

The water will be fine for a few days til your part arrives. I would imagine you could get a part locally to repair it. If you post a picture I can guide you. If you just want to circulate the water a sump pump is fine to move the water around I wouldnt bother trying to hook up to the pool plumbing just let it flow around the pool somewhere . When I have done temporary water moving while building, a sump pump near the surface on an angle will get you decent surface movement of water

Reactions: splashpad
I'm not sure what just moving water from one end of the pool to another would accomplish. You should be fine to let it sit until you get your part in. I would just keep the chlorine level up to thwart any algae and SLAM once you get back in business if needed.

The water will be fine for a few days til your part arrives. I would imagine you could get a part locally to repair it. If you post a picture I can guide you. If you just want to circulate the water a sump pump is fine to move the water around I wouldnt bother trying to hook up to the pool plumbing just let it flow around the pool somewhere . When I have done temporary water moving while building, a sump pump near the surface on an angle will get you decent surface movement of water
Awesome, thanks!

I'm not sure what just moving water from one end of the pool to another would accomplish. You should be fine to let it sit until you get your part in. I would just keep the chlorine level up to thwart any algae and SLAM once you get back in business if needed.
My main concern is how the chlorine is getting to the other side of the pool if the water is still.

The chlorine will dissolve and go into solution with the water.. Not ideal but just takes a bit longer. I am talking about bleach here. Powdered shock will take way longer to dissolve in still water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.