St George, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So it’s going to be a chilly night tonight (low 30’s F which is cold here in the desert southwest) and I have this great idea to heat up the hot tub, turn off the lights, and watch the Geminids meteor shower from the cozy warmth of the hot tub.

But its likely that the EasyTouch’s freeze mode will be activated, will turn on the infloor cleaner booster pump, which will periodically pump 48 degree pool water into the spa through the cleaner jets.

As well, as I see freeze mode alternating between pool and spa while in pool mode, I expect it would be doing the same while in spa mode, this returning cold pool water to the spa for the spillover. Thus rapidly cooling the spa.

Aside from going into the circuit programming and turning off freeze mode temporarily on pool and cleaner circuits, is there a better way of accomplishing this?

Last edited:
The EasyTouch 8 manual makes it look like your setup is similar to my Jandy controls. You should be able select "Master Spa" and then uncheck the box for freeze protect. But I like @Jimrahbe's idea of fooling the temp sensor with a heat source as well.

Very romantic btw.

Reactions: stevo777
I don’t mind dinking with settings; but we do have our son or others house sit at times. I don’t want them rooting around in the settings menu. One relative decided to do so against my instructions; resulted in heating the entire pool to 100 degrees for 2 days, along with a $200 gas bill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.