Temperature Sensors

jaatseats

Mar 28, 2019
Ofallon, MO
Looking for some suggestions. Last week our pool company came out and opened our pool. Prior to opening the air and water temps were displaying on the Pentair Easy Touch screen and on the Screen Logic screen. When they started up the pump there wasn't enough water in it for it to prime and it threw an error. They reset the error, added water and everything start working like it should. Only thing is, now my temps are both showing 0deg and the Panel is showing FRZ and the pump is constantly running and ignoring my schedule. Is there a chance the sensors just went bad or is there something else I should check. Pool was just installed last August and this was the first opening.

The sensor connector inside the ET may have come loose. Otherwise it is probably a bad sensor or sensor wire.

Also check the copper wire itself near the connection point. It might have broken under the insulation and not easily detected.

It's odd for both to suddenly go bad at the same time. I would suspect an issue with the board. I would suggest a warranty claim.

You can disable freeze control until the problem is fixed.

You might need to keep the heater off if the temperature sensors are not accurate.

The problem seems to be related to whatever the pool company did. Let them figure it out under warranty.

Last edited:
Just an update, I finally had time to go back out to the panel and check the wires again last night just to make sure nothing was broken that I couldn't see. They both looked good. Closed everything back up and was just scrolling through the settings on the panel and saw the reset EEPROM option and figured why not. Reset the EEPROM and after everything came back on low and behold my temps are back. Now back to the fun of reprogramming everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.