Tell Us About Your Avatar!

My original pic was my first “real” pool just after it was installed and almost full of water. It was almost time to swim.
full

My next (and current) pic was after we sold our pool (and house) and I was dreaming of our next pool and adventure. We are still in a holding pattern awaiting a new pool (and house). I've been told it closely resembles some guy named Dave. I personally don't see the resemblance, since my eyes are a bit more grey than whoever that guy is.

full

Reactions: Dirk
While in between dives in the Sea of Cortez, we happened upon a pod of Orcas.
That's interesting, I always just assumed it was a dolphin.... Never took a close look.

After that I switched to the slightly less offensive caddyshack avatar, which is the 2nd and 3rd pics below.
I thought that was the pic from the Wonka Vision, lol

Well if you know me at all you know why LOL Maddie, one of our MODS, found this for me. When I saw it I HAD to use it. Kimkats=BLING Queen!! Thanks again Maddie!
It definitely fits you!
I never got the dog at the bar avatar you had with your love of cats.

My avatar was going to be me in a 12-dimensional parallel universe but it doesn't display correctly. There are 4 space dimensions, 4 time dimensions and 4 dimensions that are not space or time.
Looks like you nailed it to me. 12-dimensional space just resembles the letter "J" in 3D space as displayed on a 2D screen.

For the lesser science-y folks (Guzz always assumes we have ALL worked in labs around the world for some reason), Mguzzium is a complex compound composed of 2 Argon atoms and a Hydrogen, So Its A-H-A. A.k.A ‘the element’ of suprise.
full

As a new member and convert to the TFP method, I thought it appropriate to post a picture of my pant leg that I noticed one day when I got to work about two weeks after switching to liquid chlorine.
Like a new parent who unknowingly comes to work with puke on their shirt, it's a rite of passage.

Last edited:
That's interesting, I always just assumed it was a dolphin.... Never took a close look.
I'm gonna let that one go, because an Orca actually is a dolphin. And that's not all that forgiving, because I didn't actually know that myself until two minutes ago!! I hope most/all of this article is true (which it must be, because I found it on da internetz)!

• Haha
Reactions: mgtfp and Teald024

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yeah, That's right.. There are toothed whales and baleen whales. I always assumed from your avatar that your pool was big enough to accommodate Willy himself.
I'm gonna let that one go, because an Orca actually is a dolphin. And that's not all that forgiving, because I didn't actually know that myself until two minutes ago!! I hope most/all of this article is true (which it must be, because I found it on da internetz)!
And we all know that on the internet, nobody knows your actually an orca. 🐋
On the internet, nobody knows you are a dog.jpg

Killer whales will chase great white sharks away from an area. So, if you live near a beach that has great white sharks in the water, get some killer whales to scare them off.

Last edited:
'nother fun fact (related to JamesW's). If you can only see a fin, that's a shark. If its back breaks the water, that's a dolphin and there are no sharks. Sharks don't hang around where dolphins are. Oh, also, to be clear, if either happens in your pool, it's a separate problem altogether!

Ha, that's exactly how I thought of it.
if anybody asks, tell them you were so proud to only get one drop of bleach on the pants. Much better than last time. Your shirt, which was covered in blood, sadly had to be thrown out. Then mention you were tying something up and got rope burns on your hands. Ask them how long it takes to go away. Smile and wish them a nice weekend as you walk away.

• Haha
Reactions: Teald024 and Ripple
My wonderful golden retriever, Clyde, was more porpoise than dog. He could not stand a moment out of the pool. As long as we were swimming he was in the water with us. He lived a short 10 years. Still miss him.

I grew up with a wonderful golden retriever named Sandy. We didn't have a pool but spent a lot of time at the beach. She would swim for hours and hours. Small sandbars would form during low tide and she would swim out to them and "fish" back and forth for hours. One day unbeknownst to us, someone called the Coast Guard thinking she was trapped. They rode out in a small boat to the sand bar to "rescue" her. She took one look at them and swam right by on the way back to shore where we were standing. Your post made me think of her.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.