Tell me about your garbage disposal…

I was only able to clean the outlet (which was disgusting btw 🤮)
Oooof. I've seen the inside of the dishwasher exit hose and that's nasty enough. I can only imagine a disposer.

You should try purging with Ahhsome. :ROFLMAO:

whatever failure occurred led to it leaking all in their cabinet.

I installed aluminum drip pans under the disposal and instant hot to contain any leak. It is inevitable that there will be a leak from those type of under counter units someday.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We just removed ours. Risk of clogging the pipes. We just throw what little food waste we have in the trash.

However, tip for the noise: If you are installing in a stainless steel sink that is thin, it will be loud. It vibrates the sink and reverberates. We installed one in another house with a cast iron or porcelain heavy sink, and the garbage disposal was quiet.

We just removed ours. Risk of clogging the pipes. We just throw what little food waste we have in the trash.

However, tip for the noise: If you are installing in a stainless steel sink that is thin, it will be loud. It vibrates the sink and reverberates. We installed one in another house with a cast iron or porcelain heavy sink, and the garbage disposal was quiet.
I think my new sink may be thinner even though it’s supposed to be the same - it is a deep sink instead of the shallow one it replaced so maybe that’s a factor too. It’s been vibrating since I replaced the sink

I just found the manuals for my disposer, it's a Speed Queen, which I hear is a pretty good brand.

View attachment 471519

If it’s anything like their washing machines, it will spin/grind the food at nearly the speed of light causing space-time to slow down and micro-black hole to form which will completely engulf the food and transport it to a different part of the universe using an Einstein-Rosen Bridge … very efficient …

Reactions: Mdragger88
If it’s anything like their washing machines, it will spin/grind the food at nearly the speed of light causing space-time to slow down and micro-black hole to form which will completely engulf the food and transport it to a different part of the universe using an Einstein-Rosen Bridge … very efficient …
Yes, that is exactly what it does.

It also time travels, so it is going light years away as well as actual years into the future or past.

Somewhere and sometime in the universe, they are wondering where the food is coming from.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just found the manuals for my disposer
When we moved I threw out 15 years worth of manuals, some of which I forgot we ever even owned. Others were a couple of models old, that we also owned. :ROFLMAO:

I've been only saving the important ones since.

Reactions: JamesW
After yall’s input on the hp I have decided to get a 3/4 hp moen - it’s only $10 more & has a 10yr warranty instead of the 5yr for the 1/2 hp which I didn’t realize when I initially looked. I was able to find one on costco (thanks for the tip!) that will arrive more quickly than the options on Amazon so fingers crossed it comes soon & works well for many years 🤞
Thanks so much for all the input!

Reactions: newdude
Update 🚨
She’s in!
Took about 30 minutes and most of that was unloading the cabinet.
I didn’t swap the flange in the sink from the insinkerator one to the moen one so that made it super quick.
13037D3E-248B-4108-8F9A-D7D592FDB1C7.jpeg
It is very quiet compared to the old jalopy it replaced & I am happy to report it no longer vibrates the whole sink! All leak tests completed & just ran a dishwasher cycle 👍🏻
Sleek looking, affordable, quiet, & a 10yr warranty - so far I am happy with my decision to go with this one. Also costco was the best price & right on time w/ shipping so thanks for the tip on checking there. Here’s the one I got if anyone needs it.

Now on to the water heater shopping 😵‍💫

Water heaters ... replaced one of those last Sept. Consider tankless if your facilities can handle it. Mine couldn't so I had to stick with tanked 50 gallon. Very happy with it though ... simple gas controls, no-frills and delivers plenty of HOT water

Now on to the water heater shopping
Found one being free cycled if you want. 😁

20230208_112202.jpg

Maybe you could mention that you need a briefcase full of money and I'll find one on the side of the road shorty thereafter. We'll split it right down the middle. Help me, help you.

You joke, but I am not above using curb finds!
I got a pretty decent plasma tv like that a while back. You should have seen the embarrassment on my kid’s faces as I loaded it into the Lexus- it was on the road to the school 🤭
I figured if it didn’t work I would just put it back on my curb.
But I think the expense of the road trip might negate the savings on the water heater & she looks a little large for my space anyway 🤣

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.