Tell me about Menards?

Update to all.. and thanks for the info. I thought I would give a final update to close out the thread.. but obviously you can keep posting if you feel the urge.

I received my lights and yes they are "Made in China" but I think they are decent enough quality and will work just fine. One of the lights is a different color than I expected (bronzish brown), but it was a different model for a post light. Its so hard to tell the shades of color from the website. The Cask lights are described as Oil Rubbed Bronze, though I see no bronze highlights. They just look like they are painted black, but they will work for my purpose. Overall I am pleased with what I got. ...and so happy to get rid of the 80's era brass carriage lights, that were not looking so brassy anymore.

Now to the customer service... they are GREAT! Or perhaps the one person I have been working with is great. Either way they have bent over backwards to make sure the orders were fulfilled to my satisfaction. For those that don't live in the Menards area that is very nice.

The order of 5 lights were split into 3 shipments from two stores to 2 destinations. So that was a challenge in and of itself, and they kept that straight. One of the glass globes in the fixture was broken and they are shipping out another complete unit to cover it. The one odd unit that couldn't be shipped with the others, would have cost more in shipping and processing fees than I was prepared to pay for that one item. So they waived the shipping and processing for that item. They didn't have to do that but I think they understood that it would have been shipped as one order if it could have been. They don't have a number to call on their website, but they will respond via email with a number to the store where they ship your item from and you work with that shipping person. They also follow up with you to make sure it all works out. Much nicer than Amazon's automated "rate your purchase" email. So this is just my experience, but I have to say it was pretty positive overall.
20200920_120841[1].jpg20200919_164850[1].jpg
Here's a pic of the big one I used in the front, and the smaller one I used in the back of the house.
I'll put the old ones on CraigsList as antiques and see if I get any nibbles. ;)

Update to all.. and thanks for the info. I thought I would give a final update to close out the thread.. but obviously you can keep posting if you feel the urge.

I received my lights and yes they are "Made in China" but I think they are decent enough quality and will work just fine. One of the lights is a different color than I expected (bronzish brown), but it was a different model for a post light. Its so hard to tell the shades of color from the website. The Cask lights are described as Oil Rubbed Bronze, though I see no bronze highlights. They just look like they are painted black, but they will work for my purpose. Overall I am pleased with what I got. ...and so happy to get rid of the 80's era brass carriage lights, that were not looking so brassy anymore.

Now to the customer service... they are GREAT! Or perhaps the one person I have been working with is great. Either way they have bent over backwards to make sure the orders were fulfilled to my satisfaction. For those that don't live in the Menards area that is very nice.

The order of 5 lights were split into 3 shipments from two stores to 2 destinations. So that was a challenge in and of itself, and they kept that straight. One of the glass globes in the fixture was broken and they are shipping out another complete unit to cover it. The one odd unit that couldn't be shipped with the others, would have cost more in shipping and processing fees than I was prepared to pay for that one item. So they waived the shipping and processing for that item. They didn't have to do that but I think they understood that it would have been shipped as one order if it could have been. They don't have a number to call on their website, but they will respond via email with a number to the store where they ship your item from and you work with that shipping person. They also follow up with you to make sure it all works out. Much nicer than Amazon's automated "rate your purchase" email. So this is just my experience, but I have to say it was pretty positive overall.
View attachment 163275View attachment 163276
Here's a pic of the big one I used in the front, and the smaller one I used in the back of the house.
I'll put the old ones on CraigsList as antiques and see if I get any nibbles. ;)
Thanks for sharing the experience. I shop at Menards all the time, but have never ordered anything to be shipped. Your experience makes me feel better about doing so, in the event I want something that our local stores don’t have in stock.

Good, thanks!

I do know the day will come where I will order from them. sounds great. You dealing with a store in probably a smallish town is an example of why many of us still appreciate "fly over country".

Howdy to all you Midwesterners. I thought I would tap into the hive mind for an opinion! I know many of you shop at Menards. They name is mentioned for chlorine purchases all the time. So I live in CA and have been doing some Internet shopping and I found some outdoor wall lights that I like at Menards. They are sold only there and seem to be a brand that is owned by Menards (Patriot Lighting). They are probably built by another manufacturer and Menards puts its name on them I am guessing. We don't have any Menards stores out here for me to see it up close and personal, so I am wondering what you all think of the quality of the stuff they sell there before I pull the trigger on an online order.
Thnx all
I thought it was "Talk Like a Pirate Day" - MENARDS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.