Tearing my hair out!

Philip1972

Jun 12, 2022
France
Hello everyone, I am Phil and I live in France. Just bought the house and this is my first pool.

My pool is a 10x5m in ground, with sand filter and a bubble cover. Back end of April, I opened the pool, all went well with no issues and have been using it since.
Last Thursday I noticed a light cover of green on 1 wall, so I scrubbed the pool, added some chlorine tablets as it was a little low, and then some anti algae. Pool was clear and lovely.

Friday I noticed it a little cloudy, so I used some flocculant. Sat AM, moderatley cloudy-could barely see the bottom (1.5m deep). Pump has been running 24/7 with regular back flushing.

Tested the water, low chlorine. Shocked the pool, and then realised my pool tester was faulty on ph setting-borrowed a friends and the PH was at 6.6-6.7. Added PH up and some clarifier, and right now its still cloudy, but the ph is OK ish, maybe slightly high, the chlorine is high as expected and there is a small amount of green on the bottom which I have vacuumed out.

What am I doing wrong? Its driving me mad. Do I just need to be more patient? Thank you for any and all help-I need it!

Actually, having read other threads, I think I know what you will tell me to do!
Problem I have is I cant get one of those test kits very quickly (all are unavailable via Amazon France etc) and there seems to be some shortages. I doubt there is much I can do at the moment without one.
Thanks though.

Cannot be sure without knowing your water chemistry but it reads like you are using solid (stabilized) chlorine as your sanitizer. If so you may need to check out these short videos....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.