newmum8711

Aug 28, 2021
KINGSVL NAVAL, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay so last year I used clorox smart strips. I know that Taylor is highly recommended, so this year I would like to NOT have to dump water every now& then because of uncontrollable algae.. I'm trying to find a set that I need as CHEAP as it can be. Given they're expensive enough. I'm out of a job for now so every dollar counts. & I only trust Amazon tbh I've been scammed or messed up with sites its not even funny. So on there I found 1 that's $58 Taylor Technologies K-2000 Starter Kit Chlorine DPD/pH. I have a regular filter not salt. So is this worth it & a good choice that will give me every test needed to avoid algae & other problems??
My pool is 34 gallons (14ft)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey NM !!

You need the K2006C (Amazon, etc) for $146, or the TF-100 from tftestkits.net for $83 to get all the tests you need.

Or you have to buy base kits and then buy more components for about $32 each and in the end its no better.

Reactions: newmum8711
Shop around as much as you like. Even though we recommend a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C as all-inclusive test kits that are reliable, we understand budget constraints. So here's what I would recommend:
1 - Shop all you want from wherever you wish. Just be sure you can test TA, pH, and CYA. Notice I did not say CH because it doesn't apply to you. Notice I did not say FC or CC. That's next.
2 - You need an FAS-DPD that accurately tests FC and CC at all levels.

So at the very least keep that in mind if you can't afford the TF-100. Happy shopping.

This post has the CYA test kit and the FC test kit linked that will need to be purchased if they don't come with the kits you find.

Best wishes for your search. :)

Reactions: newmum8711
I'm trying to find a set that I need as CHEAP as it can be.
I understand your budget constraints, but a quality test kit is the one place you cannot afford to skimp. It's by far the best money you will ever spend on your pool. It will save you a lot of money, time, and effort in long term.

The premise of what we teach here at TFP is accurate testing and knowing what to do with the results. It is virtually impossible for us to help you if you do not provide accurate test results. We will help all we can with your pool but what you tell us about your water chemistry must be current and precise.

+1. And the irony is that with the accurate testing and the small army of helpers willing to assist, you will spend far less on chemicals so the test kit will pay for itself several times over. They are good for two years when properly stored so it will pay for itself 4+ times next year too.

Shop around as much as you like. Even though we recommend a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C as all-inclusive test kits that are reliable, we understand budget constraints. So here's what I would recommend:
1 - Shop all you want from wherever you wish. Just be sure you can test TA, pH, and CYA. Notice I did not say CH because it doesn't apply to you. Notice I did not say FC or CC. That's next.

So at the very least keep that in mind if you can't afford the TF-100. Happy shopping.

Ok. So I've done my research while reading ur response of the Tf100 && i suppose it's worth it. One thing I liked about the clorox strips is that it tested (total hardness, total chlorine, free chlorine, pH, total alkalinity, & stabilizer) which is everything that the tf 100 has. I just hope I can figure out this whole math thing when it's time for testing. I like the one on that site & I hope they will still have it when I'm ready to purchase. Thank you so much for this. 💙

hello again. so I havent made the order yet.. I am looking online and had to make an account &all that & answer a million questions but before clicking to purchase.. how long does this website take to deliver? If its one thing I like about amazon is the 3day thing. It would kill me if I have to wait like weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

How long does it take for delivery when you order from the taylor testing website?

How long does it take for delivery when you order from the taylor testing website?
I have no personal experience with the Taylor site. I always get my reagents from tftestkits.net. Based on the east coast, their shipments go out quickly and are normally received in 2-3 days as long as USPS isn't locked down for some weird reason like during the pandemic.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.