Taylor test kit came!!!! here are the results.... help!! lol

Re: FC dropped 7.5 since this morning???>>

I AM A FOOL!! I just noticed on pool calculator I added 25 oz which was supposed to be 64 oz in liquid. Also when I realize mistake and when to add my liquid was creamy white. So don't even know if first 25 oz did anything because I didn't even shake the jug. FML

I just checked my CYA and now it is around 40ppm. To bad I have no more reagent lol. I also just added 70 oz of sodium hypo to bring my FC back up to 12 . Chlorinator is the think you put pucks in to maintain the chlorine level. That's another question... can I use trichlor pucks at the same time as sodium (liquid) hypochlorite?

I didn't get any responses right away (its late). So I just went ahead and slammed it. Not taking any chances with that **** alage again. My shipment of replacement reagent should be here tomorrow or Thursday hopefully. I been testing a lot! In morning I will test again and vacuum. My last FC (10 min ago) was 3.8 ppm CYA 40 CC .6 PH 7.4 didn't bother with calcium and TA test

Chlorinator is the think you put pucks in to maintain the chlorine level. That's another question... can I use trichlor pucks at the same time as sodium (liquid) hypochlorite?

Yes, but since the trichlor pucks add CYA (a few ppm per puck for your pool) you can bring the CYA too high very quickly. Probably better to keep CYA where it is and save the pucks for when you are on vacation and can't maintain the pool for a few days.

Ok thanks guys. Just tested my water and I am at 10FC ppm and .5 cc or less!!!! WOOt, I got rid of pucks . I am gonna have pool store test my CYA because I ran out of soulution. I will post results.

Ok thanks guys. Just tested my water and I am at 10FC ppm and .5 cc or less!!!! WOOt, I got rid of pucks . I am gonna have pool store test my CYA because I ran out of soulution. I will post results.

We do not trust pool store tests, in particular CYA.
Abigail is spot on, pool stores mess this up the most. I had two different stores telling me mine was less than 100. When I got my kit it was over 200.

Order more reagent and trust your numbers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.