Destrehan, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
This may be a silly question but I'm using the taylor speed stir when testing my water. My question is since the small pill shaped stirrer displaces water when filling to the 25 ml mark it should be done before dropping the stirrer into the water correct?

Reactions: thefloatqueen
But don’t forget to rinse the pill.

My pill is stored in the caped test vial. I rinse the cap/lid then rinse the vial with pill 3 times emptying the water out with my fingers loosely covering the open end so the pill doesn’t fall out. I then set the pill on the lid and take my sample. Drain to the mark and put the pill back in.

Don't forget, when the pill starts doing a jiggle/half spin, acts like its drunk, its time to change the batteries. I did not know that until this weekend. I tried all 4 of my pills and it finally dawned on me that I might oughta change the batteries. Low and behold, that did the trick!

--Jeff

This may be a silly question but I'm using the taylor speed stir when testing my water. My question is since the small pill shaped stirrer displaces water when filling to the 25 ml mark it should be done before dropping the stirrer into the water correct?
Yes! Always drop the pill AFTER adding the pool water but before adding the testing reagents.

Reactions: cjbyrd
Don't forget, when the pill starts doing a jiggle/half spin, acts like its drunk, its time to change the batteries. I did not know that until this weekend. I tried all 4 of my pills and it finally dawned on me that I might oughta change the batteries. Low and behold, that did the trick!

--Jeff
Yessss! When I was a Speed Stir newb, this drove me crazy until I figured it out haha

Reactions: cjbyrd
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.