Taylor kit in Canada?

Settleces

Aug 23, 2019
Hamilton, ontario
Hi everyone, if this is posted in the wrong place I’m sorry I’m still quite new to this forum :)

Last year I had great advice From you guys! This year things are different in a pandemic.

We are unable to acquire the Taylor k2006c kit where I live. Not even worth discussing.

But our pool guy who did the renovation last year can get us the k2005.

Can someone help me understand the difference between the two kits, possibly in chart format?? Is there anything extremely crucial missing from the 2005 kit?? We have zero other options I’ve tried everything. Our pool stores are all closed but thankfully I have a good supply of all necessary chemicals and a new SWG just installed last year.

All we need is the ability to test our water since the pool store can’t test during the pandemic, and the Testing products are extremely limited in Canada AND the pandemic.

This will be an uphill battle for sure...

If you did want the k-2006c the cheapest place i could find was walmart.ca. They fedex/ups it from usa, it only takes a few days to arrive, none of the chemicals where close to expiry, i just received one about 1 week ago and the price is pretty decent (taylor stuff is normally really expensive in canada)

Reactions: Cartsman
If you did want the k-2006c the cheapest place i could find was walmart.ca. They fedex/ups it from usa, it only takes a few days to arrive, none of the chemicals where close to expiry, i just received one about 1 week ago and the price is pretty decent (taylor stuff is normally really expensive in canada)

I’ll look into it!! Our pool guy is able to get me the 2005 kit for now... and I am using a blue connect to monitor my sanitation anyways so I’m not worried that the 2005 has the wrong test for chlorine. (I think that’s what the difference is between the 2005 and 2006 other than size of course)

Try Amazon.

Or contact Lowry & Associates (who I think (used to be??) the only authorized seller of Taylor products) and they may be able to direct you to a pool store that they work with who can order you one.

Reactions: Settleces

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone for you help, suggestions etc

I did settle for the Taylor 2005 knowing full well it’s the wrong chlorine test. To be honest it doesn’t seem like the worst situation anyways. I have other ways to measure sanitation
ALSO!! I did my very first morning of testing with the new kit. I felt like a freaking chemist!!! I got soooo excited when the colourful liquids suddenly changed colours 😂😂😂😂
My water was perfect across the board except slightly low alkalinity (likely due to muriatic acid use because the SWG likes to raise my ph)

This website has been a life saver, I am so grateful I found you guys. You guys have helped me save a butttload or money not buying all that Crud at the pool store.

I bought a giant bag of baking soda from a bakery supply store. They thought I was nuts buying it for the pool 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: U2brothr
Understand that the K-2006 has a small amount of reagents compared to the K-2006C or TF-100 Test Kits With the K-2006 you will need reagent refills fairly quickly.

Read Test Kits Compared

Thank you! I am aware of the differences with the kits, and sadly we have verrrry few options in Canada. Now that I got my hands on a decent but not the best test kit (2005) I’ll start looking for my next kit while using this one. I was getting so desperate I figured anything thing with Taylor’s name on it will be better than nothing (our pool stores aren’t testing at the moment)

Its crazy how expensive test kits are in Canada. I ordered the K2006 kit last year off of Amazon. I've been ordering reagents from poolandhottubdepot.com. I contacted Lowry's but the have been slow to respond. The only plus side is Ive had no issues getting liquid chlorine as it seems some of our American friends have.

Thanks for this thread ... we just bought a pool and I'm having so much trouble comparing colours. Need to find one of these kits!

I bought a giant bag of baking soda from a bakery supply store. They thought I was nuts buying it for the pool 😂😂😂😂

If you know where a feed mill is, my realtor told me they sell animal feed grade baking soda in bulk bags. I haven't needed it yet. :)

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it looking for a Taylor kit in Canada so thought I'd post an update. I was able to get the K2006 (not the K2006C) on Walmart.ca for $102.30, shipping was just $6.62. Seller is Unbeatablesale. I also Googled Unbeatablesale and they have their own site that is US based, but you can order there and apparently you can choose international shipping. Haven't tried that option, not sure how the price would compare.

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled upon it looking for a Taylor kit in Canada so thought I'd post an update. I was able to get the K2006 (not the K2006C) on Walmart.ca for $102.30, shipping was just $6.62. Seller is Unbeatablesale. I also Googled Unbeatablesale and they have their own site that is US based, but you can order there and apparently you can choose international shipping. Haven't tried that option, not sure how the price would compare.
I will have to check that out. Taylor is virtually impossible to find here in Canada at any price let alone a reasonable one. Cheapest I found was $150 on Amazon for a K-2006. Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone - I am new to the site, as my pool was just installed last year. I am very excited to start using the TFP methodology!
Maybe this is old knowledge, but want to caution my fellow Canadians: I ordered two K-2006c kits over the past two weeks, one from eBay and one from Walmart.ca. Both were deemed “Restricted” and confiscated at the international shipping centre. My money was refunded both times, as was the seller’s on eBay. Thought I’d share my story of caution when using US-based sellers for the kits.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.