Ocala, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Back in late July of this year, I ordered this test kit as my digital photometer only had an upper range of 8.0 ppm. I have not had good results with the Taylor kit and it's only getting worse.
Today, I did a test with my digital meter and it gave me an "Over Range error" (>8.0). I then did a test using the Taylor kit using 25mm of water at 66 degrees. I added two flat (level) dippers of the R-0870 powder and mixed until totally dissolved. I then had to add 48 drops of R-0871 Titrating agent to turn the sample to clear. That's 24 ppm! I highly doubt that is the case. As the weather has been cooling down and my chlorine level has been inching up towards 8.0, I have been dropping my chlorine generator down now at 35% (Pentair IC-60). Pump is only running 5 hours per day now as the weather gets colder.
One caveat that may be the entire problem. I ordered this test kit in late July. I didn't notice until today the "Best By" date is 6/23. No more ordering this stuff from Amazon!

Is this the issue?

Use 10ml samples and each drop is .5 FC. There's no need for the .2 accuracy and all it does is waste 2.5X the drops.

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.