Target Free Chlorine

May 11, 2018
RAYMOND, MS
Let's say that Pool Math shows my Target FC at 6. If my water tests at 3.5ppm, PM tells me to add 3qt of 10% LC to get it up to 6.

Question is, should I always add more than the recommended amounts to sustain my FC levels above the target value, or add just enough to raise the FC up to the target value knowing it will decrease as the day goes on?

In short, should I aim to keep the FC above the target amount or just close to it?

PM gives you the mid point of a target range as a suggestion. It is best to keep your actual minimum FC still in the target range - so dosing to the higher end of the target range is prudent. Every pool is unique, and up to you on how you manage to keep your pool clean and sanitary.

Been keeping mine a little high as well and it's never done me wrong. In fact it saved me when I realized my SWG was dead after two days of not noticing. A reasonable amount but less than SLAM levels are still totally acceptable and gives you some peace of mind in case something goes wrong with the SWG or in case you are out of town a day or two and can't add Chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.