tanning ledge spillover gpm

storm35

Feb 22, 2021
arkansas
I am in the designing phase for building a raised fiberglass spillover tanning ledge to pour into an existing pool. Planning on having 2 lighted bubblers in the ledge. At the water depth, the bubblers could run as high as 12 GPM (each) and stay below surface of water. So my question is, how wide of a spillover gap would i need to have a sheer waterfall if 24 gpm is supplied to the raised shelf? Or is there an equation someone could point me to?

thanks

Welcome to TFP.

You need a good flow to create a sheer waterfall through a gap. If you install a sheer waterfall slit it can project the water further then just rolling over a gap.

Look at page 11 in https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0347100.pdf for the water flow requirements for Jandy Sheer Descents. They are around 12 GPM per foot. So a 2 foot wide sheer descent waterfall would require about 24 GPM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.