Talk to me about Auto Covers

I would suggest that it depends on your tolerance for how dirty it looks. Black cars are pretty when they are clean. The same for my dark grey truck. Our cover is dark grey and you can't see the dirt from a distance. Up close you can see it all. It helps that the pool is not right next to the house. I'd go with black if that fits the look of your house best.

On the topic of covers, has anyone seen or heard of an autocover being used in a situation where there is a tanning shelf on the end, which the autocover overlaps, but does not completely cover, because the shelf is not the same width as the pool? It wouldn't really be a safety issue because I don't think anyone could fit between the shelf and the bar, but it might just look really weird. I could find a separate cover option for the remainder of the shelf.

It only takes an opening the size of a Coke can for a person to fit in and become entrapped.

We made it official with our pool builder today and told him we are going to go with an auto cover. I also let him know that I want to explore the option of putting an auto cover on the raised hot tub. He seemed skeptical that it wouldn't be super expensive, but he has never done one. He uses Coverstar brand covers and they offer a system for spas that is more compact and I pointed that out to him. He's going to look into it and let me know.

We have a royal blue auto cover thats been on only 3 weeks it's showing the dust in it. But thats to be expected, it's a cover to keep the dust and dirt out of the pool and peolpe also.

We did this project in early 2018 and charged $10k for the cover system, but that's with the lid made from brick and VERY custom cover box area. If I had to price one now, that's inline with our usual auto covers, I'd charge about $8k. Right now, for a 16' X 40' pool with encapsulated track, we charge $11.5k for an auto cover. So, you can see the "spa" covers are harder i.e. more expensive when you compare size. Yes, they don't insulate well, but we usually put a thermal blanket on top of the water and they both help a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.