taking my winter pool cover off need some guidance

Renob

May 14, 2019
Palestine TX
Hello all, last summer I started on the TFP program and loved it my pool looked better than every and was easy to maintain. Im going to be taking my pool cover off this weekend and wanted to know how to proceed do I take the normal tests I did last year and just plug the numbers into the pool math app? Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

You have 2 possibilities but either way the
1st step is to run the pump for a day or more to let the water get good and mixed.

If the water is crystal clear, run your tests and pool math will give you the correct initial dosages. Be sure to read the labels, calcium for example is usually only a few pounds at a time with a few hours to mix in between. After your #s are good, Run anOvernight Chlorine Loss Test to prove there is nothing hiding in the clear pool and if you pass you will be doing the same as last year for the rest of the summer.

If the water is cloudy, green or you fail the above OCLT, proceed with aSLAM Process based on yourFC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.