Central Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My pool is under construction and due to the rain, they are not able to put the plaster on yet. Thus, gunite inground pool has a little water in it and tadpoles are in it now. Should I pour some Clorox bleach in there now to kill them out before they become frogs and lure snakes in? I know the pool people should pump all the water out before plastering, but due to the wet weather, not sure when that will happen. Thanks.

I had frogs in my pool (desert toads actually...we don’t have frogs). They were happy up until plaster day and then they got evicted. No snakes ever showed up for a snack.

I say leave them be as you’re only going to create a stinking smelly mess pouring bleach into stagnant pond water. The tadpole/frogs will eat any mosquitos that show up. It won’t be forever so just use it as a fun learning experience for the kids about tadpoles growing into frogs.

I had frogs in my pool (desert toads actually...we don’t have frogs). They were happy up until plaster day and then they got evicted. No snakes ever showed up for a snack.

I say leave them be as you’re only going to create a stinking smelly mess pouring bleach into stagnant pond water. The tadpole/frogs will eat any mosquitos that show up. It won’t be forever so just use it as a fun learning experience for the kids about tadpoles growing into frogs.

Good point! Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.