Table salt 99.8% pure NaCi, is it ok to use?

Thanks for the notes and insight.

Here's another water update:

FC 4.5
PH 7.4

the others didn't do seeing that for now the focus is on the FC.

Thinking of connecting the SWG just to see if the salt level is ok or not, what do you think? is it ok to only connect it for now? (before I didn't connect it to avoid any damage to it.

Last edited:
Water test update

FC 3
PH 7.4

Started the SWG for a few minutes to check if everything is OK in case it needed additional salt, but all is green. I might start using it starting tomorrow.

Recommended levels for a Vinyl Pool with SWG:

FC 3-5
pH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 0-300 (Don't add)
CYA 70-80

I'm still new but aren't those recommended levels a bit high?

Water test update

FC 1.75
CC zero
PH 7.4
TK 30ppm
CH 70ppm
CYA 30 (went down cus I removed one of the lines but didn't know I needed to turn the valve to "close", so had to add additional water to cover the loss).

- - - Updated - - -

I feel those are good numbers to maintain, am I assuming wrong?

I tested the SWG for 1 hour and the FC jumped from 1.75 to 5.75, does this mean I would need to wait for the FC level to go back down to zero then start the daily cycle of the SWG for 1 hour?

I do not understand. You should never let your FC level drop below the minimum for your CYA level ... and your CYA is so low it is off the chart for a SWG pool.

Sounds like you probably need to only run the SWG 30-60 minutes each day ... assuming the FC was well mixed.

Get the CYA back up to 50 - 70 and let the SWG create about 5 or 6 ppm of chlorine. That keeps everything in check. Worry about the other numbers once you get the correct time for the SWG to run. Just as a guide, I let my SWG run at 20% for 10 hours a day. That would be like 100% for 2 hours. That keeps my FC right over 6, just perfect!

I would imagine that sun burning your chlorine off is a pretty big deal in Kuwait!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I do not understand. You should never let your FC level drop below the minimum for your CYA level ... and your CYA is so low it is off the chart for a SWG pool.

Sounds like you probably need to only run the SWG 30-60 minutes each day ... assuming the FC was well mixed.

My store says that they have new pool stock in a day or two, hope they will have something for the CYA.

Just as a guide, I let my SWG run at 20% for 10 hours a day. That would be like 100% for 2 hours.

I've got the Intex SWG, and I don't think I can control the FC production in it, only can control how many hours it will run and that's it.

I would imagine that sun burning your chlorine off is a pretty big deal in Kuwait!

Those UV sun shade really do wonders in the sun, I've got one that covers the whole pool and seating area too.

How did you get a FC of 3.75? that is not a normal increment.

The minimum FC for a SWG is 5% of the CYA level ... so just keep it above 1.5ppm if you want to keep the CYA that low for some reason (not recommended given your environment)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.