table in new pool build

floridapoolfan

Bronze Supporter
Sep 17, 2019
Port Charlotte, FL
Does anyone have a table in Their pool? Do you use it a lot or is it a regret or waste of space. We like the idea of a place to hang and place a drink but unsure of the longterm use. Thanks!

Side note, the table has been moved to the back wall by the spa and the stairs moved to where the table is in the picture.

3D_Lopez14_005 (3).jpg

Last edited:
fpf,

I do not have a table, so this is just my biased input...

I am not a fan as it will not work well no matter what kind of cleaner you get. While I think it would look cool, I think it would be something that rarely gets used after the first month or so..

Let's hope one of our members with a table can chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I was thinking about adding one to my renovation. My concern is what was already mentioned. They look like a pool vacuum will get caught up in it.\

I then looked into the following table and seats that can be removed:
In-Pool Furniture | Tables & Seating | S.R. Smith

srs-pool-table-and-seating.jpg

You add a sleeve into the pool shell (a heavier duty sleeve then an umbrella sleeve). They you can put your table (and stools if you want) in when ever you want and remove them when you want to.

You can have them add the anchor and decide later on if you want to put the table or chairs in:

Last edited:
On the ledge we have a sleeve that accepts either a removable umbrella or table. We use the umbrella occasionally, we've used the table just once. It sounded like a cool idea initially, but in reality, a table in the pool just doesn't serve much of a purpose for us.

Last edited:
I love the theory of it all. But with the many kids that frequent my pool i think it would be the rib-breaker 9000 in reality. Either from being used as another jumping point or getting thrown into it by accident. The kids bump heads and whatnot enough as it is, even with them being relatively well behaved. I cant imagine putting a hard target inside the pool. Unless it was removable during the wilder times.

Reactions: floridapoolfan
We have a table in our spa with a water feature in the center (bought the house w pool). I like the table in the spa but don’t think I would in the pool for above mentioned reasons-head knocker and kids WILL jump off it! Holds a beer wonderful though?

Reactions: Newdude
Just the waves alone from cannonballs in the deep end would clear the table. It would be neat at times tho to say ‘hey let’s have dinner in the pool!’

I was thinking about adding one to my renovation. My concern is what was already mentioned. They look like a pool vacuum will get caught up in it.\

I then looked into the following table and seats that can be removed:
In-Pool Furniture | Tables & Seating | S.R. Smith

View attachment 122236

You add a sleeve into the pool shell (a heavier duty sleeve then an umbrella sleeve). They you can put your table (and stools if you want) in when ever you want and remove them when you want to.

You can have them add the anchor and decide later on if you want to put the table or chairs in:

Did you purchase this table or stools in the end? We are thinking of getting them, but I can't find anyone who has them to hear how they are.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did not end up going with the tall stand alone table and stools.
I ended up installing a tanning shelf and putting umbrella holder in it.
I am going to add the short table in the umbrella holder (same manufacturer), but it shouldn't be a concern with the pool vacuum as my vacuum will not be on the tanning shelf at all.

Late reply here... We have a SR Smith in-pool table(no chairs). The pool is new to us as of October 2019 but did have the table and used it for about a week.
Here are my thoughts having used it for that short time frame:
1. The table is useful for holding drinks, etc but one good wave and it will take them out. so food is pretty much out unless you have a calm swim/hangout planned.
2. The in-pool vacuum gets stuck wrapped around it so you can't leave it in if you have an active vacuum cycle. I run mine daily.
3. The table is a bit wobbly and comes with paper thin plastic shims to help stabilize the table in the provided anchor makes it hard to put in/out.

We will likely only use it for drinks (maybe food) if we are going to have a quiet evening at the pool. Otherwise, it is out of the pool all the time.
If I had to do it all over, I would probably not add it to the plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgiryes
Did you get the 16" or 30" table?
I'm imagining your table is exactly at the water level or maybe only slightly higher. Do you think if the table was a little higher out of the water it would be better?
@johnpkaiser

We purchased the 30" table. the top of the table is ~ 4" above the water line. it's those big waves from people jumping in that go over the edge.
It's hard to tell in this photo by the table top is lower than the coping.

1578589381842.png

Last edited:
Never had a table, but I've never used a lot of things I'm not shy about commenting on!! :) I feel the same way about them as I do about umbrellas, sun shelves, and the like. The pool is for swimming, jumping, diving, splashing and playing. The deck is for lounging and relaxing. Why should everyone else have to sit still in a pool so you can eat in it?!? My typical set up: warm, dry, comfortable, a drink, a snack, maybe my phone, sometimes an iPad, a chaise or chair, a dry towel, a pillow. (Ahhhh, can't wait for pool season.) None of that works for me over water...

Do you have any kids, or friends, or relatives that are going to remember for more than 30 seconds that your drink and nachos are on the pool table? I don't...

And if you just have to have a drink while you're in the pool (I admit, I sometimes do), is there some inherent reason that a wobbly table in one spot is more convenient than the 100' or so of concrete (stable!) deck that is surrounding your entire pool? Sorry, don't get tables (even if they didn't have all the issues others have described)...

OK, to be fair. If you have some pressing need to serve food and drink on a special surface reachable from the pool (other than the deck), consider this instead. Pool coping is engineered to channel waves back into the pool. (It's why copying overhangs the water a bit.) If you have to have a platform for serving, place it outside the perimeter of the pool water (over the coping, not over the water). Wave action will be much less likely to trash your food and drinks.

Do you have any kids, or friends, or relatives that are going to remember for more than 30 seconds that your drink and nachos are on the pool table?

30 seconds ???? I myself just put that beer down to do a cannonball. But great point. Hold my beer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.