TA out of range for a long time

Jul 16, 2007
I ask this question from time to time. All of the chemistry in my pool is great. CYA 30 chlorine is good. PH is about 7.4 but the TA is 30. It has been that way for a couple of years now. I've been told not to worry. This is a long time to be so far out of range on a test. Are we sure it is not an issue? Water is clear.

Only thing to worry about is any time you add something acidic make sure to watch the effects closely for signs of pH drop. If you use pucks for any reason (such as going on a trip) you will want to raise the TA first as they are very acidic. Otherwise, appreciate how lucky you are to have such a stable pool! (y)

You are good. The only reason we adjust TA is to help the pH find its happy place. Yours is happy with a TA of 30. The 70-120 recommendation is an average range for most pools some like higher TA, some like it lower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.