Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Taylor 2006

FC 12 (a lot of rain so super chlorinated. I typically maintain between 6-7)
CC .5 (1st time having # other than 0)
PH 7.6
TA 200
CH 550
CYA 70
CSI .48

Prior test had:
TA 175
CH 450 (think I was shorting it)
PH 7.8

So I added 10 Oz of MA to get PH down to 7.6. Then we have my current results. PH is always between 7.6-7.8. I assume this means I need to lower the TA?

If the answer is yes then I can lower PH to 7.2 no problem. Question I have is more about the aeration after. Do I need to be aerating 24 hrs/day to get PH back up or are a few hr intervals sufficient? My only issue is $ on reagents. I assume I'll have to test PH frequently which means I need to order more of that reagent. Which brings me to the next question. During this aeration how frequently do I need to test for PH?

If your pH is steady at the 7.6-7.8 range, there may not be a pressing need to force the TA down too much. But if you chose to do so, then yes, you'll need to lower the pH from about 8.0 down to 7.2. You need that wide range so that you can use a larger amount of acid to effect the TA. Each time you do that to the pH it will effect the TA. If you need to aerate, then aerate when and how you can. There is no one perfect way. You just want to disturb the water with lots of bubbles, ripples, etc. Test as often as necessary just to ensure your pH hits the 8.0 mark so you now when to add acid.

Reactions: rcs29
If your pH is steady at the 7.6-7.8 range, there may not be a pressing need to force the TA down too much. But if you chose to do so, then yes, you'll need to lower the pH from about 8.0 down to 7.2. You need that wide range so that you can use a larger amount of acid to effect the TA. Each time you do that to the pH it will effect the TA. If you need to aerate, then aerate when and how you can. There is no one perfect way. You just want to disturb the water with lots of bubbles, ripples, etc. Test as often as necessary just to ensure your pH hits the 8.0 mark so you now when to add acid.
So if you were me would you just sit tight as long as the PH stays consistent. And just fit clarity I'm adding MA once a week to get from 7.8 back to 7.6. This seem too frequent?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.