TA Needs

Billtkat

Apr 25, 2020
Oro Valley, AZ
As I add in acid to keep my PH in line TA drops which I get. I wanted to know how low is too low in TA as I have seen some on here with 50 for example - Is there a point where it self balances between PH & TA and the need is minimal ? I always though 80 was the low and 100 was the high so kind of in that range - Tested this morning and CSI Index shows balanced at -0.26 vs -0.12
TA result was 60
PH result was 7.5

thanks -

Last edited:
Your TA was 7.5? How did you test that?

TA below 50, if your CYA is at a reasonable level, is when you need to consider adding some alkalinity. pH can become unstable if TA gets too low.

If TA gets to 50 you'll have to start adding baking soda. Where you are, unless you're filling with softened water, it's unlikely that you will need to supplement TA with anything but refill water.

And I think you're confusing ALK with pH. We don't even use ALK as an acronym around here.

If TA gets to 50 you'll have to start adding baking soda. Where you are, unless you're filling with softened water, it's unlikely that you will need to supplement TA with anything but refill water.

And I think you're confusing ALK with pH. We don't even use ALK as an acronym around here.
Yes, was in a hurry and did not double check my post. I did edit it. My line leveler does run off my water softener so it is soft water that is leveling the water in the pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.