Raleigh NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I'm using Trichlor tabs with our 3-4 month old aggregate finish pool. TA level seems to settle at about 80. CYA is 42. PH is always rising and I keep it in the range of 7.5-7.8. I typically add 32-40 oz 31.45% muriatic acid every 3 days. What measured TA level should I target? I've raised it to 90 with baking soda a few times but it quickly drops. Measurements obtained with Taylor and Blue Devil test kits.

Is my measured TA level at 80 too low and that's why I'm having to add acid so frequently or is it mainly because it's still a new concrete pool?

Thanks.

You are using a Nature2Fusion which requires the mineral canister plus trichlor. Trichlor will reduce pH & TA as well as increase FC. Additionally, having a new plaster does cause higher use of acid. If you follow TFP methodology you would target a TA of 60-80 but your Nature2 Fusion may require a higher TA because you need to add trichlor which as stated earlier reduces TA. The higher TA requirement accounts for the effect of using trichlor which drives down TA.

Thanks HermanTX, that's exactly why I'm asking. Should my TA target be 100 or so to adjust for the trichlor tabs? The Nature2 manual shows a TA range of 80-120.

It appears you are trying to combine 2 different methodologies - which is hard to do. If you elect to continue to use the Nature2 Fusion then you probably should follow the manual. The TFP methodology focuses on use of either a Salt Water Chlorine Generator (SWCG) or Liquid Chlorine (LC). those methods can work better with lower TA.
Plaster dust normally raises pH which is causing you to add more MA to maintain pH at acceptable levels. Adding more MA also drives down TA.
Maybe a good video to review is

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.