FC 4
Ph 7.2
TA 140
CH
CYA 65
Salt 3200
Borate
CSI -.44

I was going to run the SWG, but I read high TA is bad. So I need to add acid, correct? I didn't have to do that in the fall when we first set it up. I don't have the solar cover on yet til I finish balancing. And I'm having an issue with the filter running at 20 with no flow. So we're running recirculate. Had deep cleaned and backwashed/rinsed, but still at 20. The water is crystal clear and was when we opened up, so at least I've got that going for me. But I'm just hanging... ugh. When I get the TA where it should be for the swg, can I run it on recirculate til the filter thing is figured out? Help meeee...
:(

No worries. :)

Don't worry about your TA just yet. Watch your PH and keep that in check by adding muratic acid if it creeps up. Again, ignore TA unless PH is rising ALOT. If that's the case, THEN we'd look at adjusting TA.

TA is a buffer for PH. If TA is high, PH will rise more rapidly. Using the SWG will raise your PH.

When TA is too low, PH can crash. The key is finding that sweet spot where your PH doesn't move too much and whatever that TA number is......that's where you want to be.

Since PH will likely rise with the SWG use, the answer will be controlling that with muratic acid to bring it down which will also bring TA down. Focus on your PH. Not your TA.

It will sink in :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.