Ta is at 90

L,

What are the rest of your results? If you're having any issues maintaining pH you can lower it. Many find TA in 60 works better for pH stability. Can you please add your signature? It will allow experts to get you advise quicker and also enable them to be more efficient with their volunteer time. Here's how to do it.

Thanks

Chris

Do you only manually chlorinate your pool or have a saltwater generator? Both have different ideal CYA levels. I do not have a SWG and find that my TA is most stable at 60. 90 isn’t bad, but if your pH is bouncing all over the place, you can lower it a bit using muriatic acid or dry acid (pH down). Muriatic acid is preferred on TFP but either one will work.

I see why I’m confused. Pool math says ideal is 60-80 but the tf-100 kit , the card says between 100-120 for manually chlorinated pools. I manually dump 10% bleach in every day. Why the 2 different recommendations? Which should I follow ? Lastly I don’t know how to insert my signature 🙁it’s a 24 round 52 high I use bleach and trouble free methods. And have sand filter . And if anyone read this far I also am always read that any chlorine level over 3 is too high. I keep mine at 6 because my cya is at 40 . I hope I’m doing that right

I see why I’m confused. Pool math says ideal is 60-80 but the tf-100 kit , the card says between 100-120 for manually chlorinated pools. I manually dump 10% bleach in every day. Why the 2 different recommendations? Which should I follow ? Lastly I don’t know how to insert my signature 🙁it’s a 24 round 52 high I use bleach and trouble free methods. And have sand filter . And if anyone read this far I also am always read that any chlorine level over 3 is too high. I keep mine at 6 because my cya is at 40 . I hope I’m doing that right

Have you read Pool School on this site? If not, read it asap!

From Pool School, "There are two reasons to lower your total alkalinity (TA) right away, because you want to slow down the rate that the pH rises, or if high TA is contributing to a high calcium saturation index, which puts you at risk of calcium scaling. You shouldn’t lower TA just to reach a target number. Make sure you actually have one of the above issues before lowering your TA."

Reactions: PoolNewb2020

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.