TA count to be worried? And intex over Wall skimmer question.

nksprts

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
NE Pennsylvania
Hi all, hope all is well. Two quick questions. Just did my numbers and never in my 3rd year have I had to mess with TA is this OK or should add to raise it? And if so can you help me how to Raise it? My numbers are:
Tc 4
Ta 70
Cya 35
I just added to raise my fc to 6.5, especially because I will be gone the next two days out of town, wasn't sure to be worried about TA or not? And if so what to do?

Then also I just installed an intex over the wall skimmer. Was super easy and it working pretty well I must say. I have read other posts and see mixed results. I have a dual Intake. I initially have blocked off the one intake so the skimmer had more sucking power, which still isn't a ton with this worth less pump. I did test and noticed when the the second pump isn't blocked I get much better pressure on the water pumping back in. So is it better to close one intake for Better sucking strength, or leave both open for better outtake strength but less pressure for the skimmer?

Thank you!

Consider your CYA 40, and use the appropriate FC level for that CYA.

It is fine to use just the skimmer as your intake. However if you’re going to be out of town and you’re concerned about either the skimmer rising above the water level so that water doesn’t get to the pump or it becoming clogged, you might want to leave the other intake open as well just to make sure that water gets to the pump while you’re gone.

I don't think the TA was high is it? I thought the TA was low? My kit says 100 to 140.

And the pu p won't be on at all when I'm gone so not to worried about that. Just adding extra fc then will clean and maintain when I get back just an early morning and overnight to next night and I will maintain then. Just wasn't sure if it was better to use one way or the other.

Thank you both for the help.

So I messed up my math really bad. Added enough bleach yesterday to make it 6.5 or so I thought. No idea how I screwed up so bad but I tested today and it's 11 ppm. I won't be home till tomorrow night. And have a party Saturday. Do you think it will lower enough by Saturday to swim? Or should I lower it somehow?

You stated above your CYA is 35. We suggest you round that up to 40 as you cannot measure 35 as the scale is logarithmic.

Your SLAM level is thus 16 ppm FC. It is safe to swim in the pool with that level of FC. So go swimming today!

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.