Jun 29, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
Just passed my first SLAM 2 days ago, and am now doing adjustments for PH and TA.

My readings are:
FC : 5.5
CC : 0
PH : 7.4
TA : 110
CYA : <30 (dot still visible at 30, and visible when tube is filled to the top)

With my PH is acceptable, should I be worried about the high TA at this point? I've pointed the returns up to aerate to get the PH a bit higher.

Also with the intermittent rains messing with my CYA, should I throw a chlorine tablet in the skimmer to bring it up a little bit? The previous owner has a last supply of tablet and I've only been using liquid chl so far.

Thanks!

Don't worry about TA. At 110 your pH may drift up a little faster, but the fix for a high pH and a high TA is the same (MA).

You should focus in bringing your CYA to 40 (or at bare minimum 30).
If using tablets, use a floater. Adding chemicals on the skimmer can damage your pump/filter/heater.

No need to "worry" about TA, it will come down as you bring PH down..

Get a puck floater, never put them in the skimmer.. yes, you can use pucks to bring your CYA up slowly while also getting chlorine... :)

Thanks everyone!

Is it ok to leave it floating around even without the pump turned on? I turn the pump on overnight, and read somewhere that a puck left in a floater without circulation could cause chlorine to build up in one spot and 'damage the pool'.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.