Sync Jandy LED pool lights with CMP bubbler LED lights

geo502

Dec 15, 2020
whywhym3
Hi All, looking for advice on how to go about syncing the color between the Jandy LED water color lights with the CMP bubbler LED lights connected into my IAquaLink system. The PB installed both set of LED lights 2 Jandy and 2 4” Brilliant WonderCMP bubbler LED lights but didn’t mention anything about them not being able to have same color on them at the same time. That night as I turned everything on I noticed the color differences and asked him how should I go about getting them on the same color and staying in sync. He stated that we would need to get aCMP module in order to do this which several weeks later he dropped off this CMP device but didn’t install it.

BTW This is a new build and we are just over a year and a half and still working through the last set of issues with the PB, these lights are one of those. (worst experience ever working with a contractor, but that’s a whole other story). I have caught on to this PB and realized that when I don’t get responses from him for a few days or he baulks and tap dances around questions it usually means he really doesn’t know, it’s over his & his crews head or he’s trying to avoid the “agreed to” expense in hopes I’ll drop it and do it myself. I just want things right as anyone should in this situation.

Because I have been asking about this for several months and he said he had this so called module, I kindly asked if he could at least drop the equipment off to have it on site in case he bailed on us. Again another story to post but there has been various situation that we have a bit of confidence in their professional abilities. Each time I ask if they can install while they were out working on something else, crickets and his crew says they don’t know what this module is or how it is to install.

Sorry for the rant…. TLDR: in order to sync the two sets of lights the PB said he needed to install CMP module and dropped off the item in picture but hasn’t installed it. I am a DIY’er with electronics degree and taught myself and configured our IAquaLink system. Would like to know if what he provided will allow me to sync the colors between the 2 sets of lights (Jandy and CMP). If not then what options do we have to do so?

Attachments

• 8615F586-0585-4B51-A1F5-B1BE9E947CD9.jpeg
    8615F586-0585-4B51-A1F5-B1BE9E947CD9.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 6
Interesting following....

I'm not sure how the cmp light operates but the Jandy light works with a simple on off to rotate between colors. For this to work i think the colors would need to be the same on both devices in the same order. Other than that the way to do it is a separate switch for each light.

Interesting following....

I'm not sure how the cmp light operates but the Jandy light works with a simple on off to rotate between colors. For this to work i think the colors would need to be the same on both devices in the same order. Other than that the way to do it is a separate switch for each light.
Thanks for the response, I had thought about using a separate transformer and relay for controlling each set of lights individually, it may be what I end up doing. Kinda of sad that the pool technology seems to be lacking behind in the world of home automation / IOT and controlling LEDs. Especially for the price points it cost for one LED light with very limited options.

Quick question since I noticed jandy lights mentioned. I did post a new thread as well. I have 5 jandy 12v lights new build no water yet. All light but one turned blue when testing lights. The one is white, if you know is that a problem? I was told they will cycle through colors starting with blue. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rod

Quick question since I noticed jandy lights mentioned. I did post a new thread as well. I have 5 jandy 12v lights new build no water yet. All light but one turned blue when testing lights. The one is white, if you know is that a problem? I was told they will cycle through colors starting with blue. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rod
Hi Rod, I’m new to the site as of yesterday. Just reading the manual for my Jandy 12v lights. It sounds like one light is out of sync with the other 4. At same time, Turn all lights on, then off wait 4-5 seconds and turn all lights back on. That should reset each light to starting color of Alpine White. Turning lights on before 4-5 seconds and the color changes. Leave off for 7 or more seconds and they come back on with previous color selection.

Hope that helps, Chris

Attachments

• H0622800.PDF
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.