Switching to hard plumbing and relocating filter - indoor or outdoor?

Jul 5, 2017
Montrose, MI
Hi all,

I'm going to be switching over to hard PVC for my 24' round AGP. I have two choices where I'm going to locate the filter and pump. I have a pole barn that I can either butt up against on the outside or I can run the plumbing through the wall and put my pump and filter inside. The location is about 35' away from the pool. Is there any benefit to one over the other? The only thing I can think of is it's helping by keeping it out of the elements but if I go inside, I'm going to be adding another bend in the PVC. I'll also have to consider where I'll backwash to. Thoughts?

It really won't matter to the plumbing, but you'll also need to consider what may happen in case of a leak and what happens when you need to open the pump basket or bleed the air out of the filter. There's always some water around the equipment when preforming maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.