Switching from Zodiac Salt System with Clearwater Technology Aboveground Model to Hayward Acquatrol

ogbill

May 2, 2016
OTTAWA, Canada
I have a partially inground pool, about 11,000 gal with a 10 yr old Zodiac system which seems to have packed it in. The cell is fairly new but I fear the power pack/control box may be shot. The Zodiacs have been discontinued so I'm looking at a Hayward acquatrol open box deal from a discount supplier. I would have to arrange the installation. Is it fairly straightforward? I'm showing a shot of my existing plumbing around the Zodiac cell. I believe it's the same diameter piping. I'm not sure about dimensions re fitting it in and wiring etc. I was hoping one tradesman could handle both the plumbing and electricals.

Attachments

• Zodiac Salt System.jpg
    Zodiac Salt System.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 6
Is your open box deal for an AquaTrol-HP or RJ? They are two different systems and are not interchangeable. You want the HP system.

You will need some PVC changes to your pipes since the Hayward cell conencts fromt he sides and your pipes are set to connect from the bottom of the cell.

Is your open box deal for an AquaTrol-HP or RJ? They are two different systems and are not interchangeable. You want the HP system.

You will need some PVC changes to your pipes since the Hayward cell conencts fromt he sides and your pipes are set to connect from the bottom of the cell.
Thank you for this invaluable information. So far locally here (Ottawa Canada) I haven't been able to locate the Aquatrol HP version. My usual supplier seems to know nothing about the distinction between the RJ and the HP.

The RP is connected to your outflow jet and hangs vertically on the side of the pool and does not need a flow switch. The HP lies horizontal and connected to your piping and has a flow switch that you connect to the control box.

Thank you for this invaluable information. So far locally here (Ottawa Canada) I haven't been able to locate the Aquatrol HP version. My usual supplier seems to know nothing about the distinction between the RJ and the HP.
I seem to be striking out on suppliers of Hayward both here and online in the country. They want to sell me Aqua Rite which is overkill on size/capacity and cost for my 11,000 gal pool. One supplier has AquaCoastal for up to 15k gal. for reasonable price. Is that a good brand and could it be configured OK for my setup?

One supplier has AquaCoastal for up to 15k gal. for reasonable price. Is that a good brand and could it be configured OK for my setup?

Never heard of AquaCoastal SWG and a search does not find it.

Ask the supplier for a link to the manufacturer website.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.