Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Moved from HERE

Hello, I am somewhat considering converting my 24' x 54" above ground Perma salt pool to a SWG. One concern I have is the residual copper currently in the water. Would that be a problem for the SWG system? Another is, it will void my pool warrantee because of the possibility of rusting the metal pool structure. Has that turned out to really be an issue. Do you add anodes? Thanks!
Did you end up converting? I'm trying to find a SWG that will be easy to switch out the current Perma Salt system and not have to mess with a lot of replumbing. I have a 30" above ground pool. Did you end up draining the water?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I just switched but I had to SLAM based on excessive chlorine loss and have to balance my water, and of course add salt, still not finished actually. I did not drain the water, the seller of the SWG I bought said the copper would not be an issue, hope he is right! He said just let it naturally diminish over time. I could have went with a cheaper unit but after some research went with a Circupool RJ45 PLUS. Here is the thread where I seek help with my water.

Yes I just switched but I had to SLAM based on excessive chlorine loss and have to balance my water, and of course add salt, still not finished actually. I did not drain the water, the seller of the SWG I bought said the copper would not be an issue, hope he is right! He said just let it naturally diminish over time. I could have went with a cheaper unit but after some research went with a Circupool RJ45 PLUS. Here is the thread where I seek help with my water.
Thank you! That's the SWG I was thinking of. I thought about trying to tough it out for the summer so when I partially drain my pool to winterize I'd lose a lot of the copper, but if the copper doesn't appear to be an issue, I might just eat the loss on the newly purchased PermaSalt chemicals and switch now. Right now my pool is blueish, cloudy, and foamy. I might have added too much algaecide at the instruction of the pool store. :/ Thank you for that link! I'll follow along and see what you're instructed to do.

Also, could you post a picture of how you hooked up the new system? I didn't see it in your thumbnails yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.