Bell Buckle, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello, I am somewhat considering converting my 24' x 54" above ground Perma salt pool to a SWG. One concern I have is the residual copper currently in the water. Would that be a problem for the SWG system? Another is, it will void my pool warrantee because of the possibility of rusting the metal pool structure. Has that turned out to really be an issue. Do you add anodes? Thanks!

With a pool named perma salt you would think it would be fine as a salt water pool.. I tell everyone salt water will take 1 year off of what it was supposed to last till.. So if you have a 30 year warranty on the pool it will last 29 years.. BUT, a chlorine pool is a salt water pool so you already have a salt water pool so the difference being about 1000 ppm salt.. I bet your salt level is above 1500 already so get a taylor salt test kit and test before you add salt...

Ahhh, perma salt is a copper mineral SWG copy cat name... got it... You have the same salt content as a SWG pool or more.. ..

Drain every single drop of water out of your pool and scrub the liner and refill with fresh water... If you do not and add chlorine levels we use your water will turn a really pretty shade of bright green and start to stain your liner... It will be well worth the effort to get a trouble free pool :)

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: You might like to read this thread below. Very informative.

Reactions: cparktd
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.