Swimways Riviera Chaise (Ledge Lounger Alternative?)

RS220

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2019
Fresno, CA
Does anyone have experience with these lounges from Swimways? I searched the forum and didn't see anything.

I'm thinking they might be good ledge lounger alternatives, it's convenient that they can be used dry, on a ledge, or as a float - though I'm highly suspicious they will actually float in a stable manner. We would be using them on the deck, or on the ledge. I know some people used the Sonoma version successfully by drilling holes in the base. This version seems more comfortable.

Swimways Riviera Lounger @ Amazon

riviera.JPG

A cup holder would be nice, but since their primary use will be on the deck or on the tanning ledge I can just use a table for drinks.

Sure beats the $659 price tag of the ledge lounger though. I found a set of two at Newegg for $351.

I just ordered these today, so I'll let everyone know how they worked out once the pool is finished. It's fun to be close enough that it's time to order goodies to turn the pool into our paradise!

Reactions: Lisabdou
A cup holder would be nice, but since their primary use will be on the deck or on the tanning ledge I can just use a table for drinks.

Sure beats the $659 price tag of the ledge lounger though. I found a set of two at Newegg for $351.

I just ordered these today, so I'll let everyone know how they worked out once the pool is finished. It's fun to be close enough that it's time to order goodies to turn the pool into our paradise!

I sure would like to know myself! Anxious to know if the stay put on the Baja ledge if you get out of them...
I will be shopping for loungers soon myself!

Any updates for us? I’m trying to decide on a lounger.

I love them! I think they're hard to find now though, regrettably.

They're very comfy with the mesh backing and work great as deck chairs. They make a creaking noise sometimes when we sit in them, but they're still very stable. They're hard to get into and out of, there's no graceful way to do it and we all look a little silly, but nothing to be done there. It's just with the arms there you have to sort of scoot back and slide into it. The mesh is really comfortable, I like how it cradles you, especially when they're still a little buoyant.

You have to drill out some plugs to sink them onto the ledge. Depending on how well you get the air out of the arms they can still be buoyant which I personally like. To drain the water out when we're done we just leave them hanging over the ledge and put little blocks on them to tilt them up. Pics below. In the second one, I was also trying to have a cooler table submerged, but as you can see it floats. Still work to be done there, think we need to sandbag it or something.

lounge1.JPG

lounge2.JPG

Reactions: AggieNP
I love them! I think they're hard to find now though, regrettably.

They're very comfy with the mesh backing and work great as deck chairs. They make a creaking noise sometimes when we sit in them, but they're still very stable. They're hard to get into and out of, there's no graceful way to do it and we all look a little silly, but nothing to be done there. It's just with the arms there you have to sort of scoot back and slide into it. The mesh is really comfortable, I like how it cradles you, especially when they're still a little buoyant.

You have to drill out some plugs to sink them onto the ledge. Depending on how well you get the air out of the arms they can still be buoyant which I personally like. To drain the water out when we're done we just leave them hanging over the ledge and put little blocks on them to tilt them up. Pics below. In the second one, I was also trying to have a cooler table submerged, but as you can see it floats. Still work to be done there, think we need to sandbag it or something.

View attachment 140565

View attachment 140566
How deep is your sunshelf?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.