Swim Quip Valve Actuator

Danawr

Aug 21, 2020
Bay Area, California
Hello,

I believe I have a 3-way Swim Quip valve actuator, model # 14923-1. The label on the actuator is a bit rough. It looks like there is a Gold Crest on the label.
There are 3 wires that are not hooked up to anything.

Anyone know where I can find more information about this part?

I believe it is the final valve before the water returns to the pool.

I have attached 3 photos, what's left of the Gold Label, Swim Quip part number, & a photo of the entire unit.

Thank you,

Dana

Attachments

• Gold Label.jpg
    Gold Label.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Swim Quip Part Number.small.jpg
    Swim Quip Part Number.small.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Valve Actuator.small.jpg
    Valve Actuator.small.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 25

It's made by Master Pools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe

Master pools is a guild that works somewhat like a franchise.

Here are dealers in California.

They don't make their own parts. I think that Pentair might make most of their parts now. Pentair bought Swimquip a long time ago.

Check with Master pools, one of their franchises, or a dealer in in-floor parts.

How old is your system?

Master Pools Guild was started in 1962 as a group of advisers to help then equipment manufacturer Swimquip and its owner, Bill Baker, develop products that would work best for the relatively new industry.

In 1984, Swimquip was purchased by another equipment manufacturer, Sta‐Rite. Shortly after the acquisition, the Master Pools builders purchased the rights of the trademark from Sta‐Rite, spurred on by members who didn’t want to be tethered to one manufacturer and restrained from bringing other vendors into the fold.

In 1989, after the group had purchased an agreed‐upon amount of Sta‐Rite product, the then‐90‐member Master Pools Guild became an independent organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that it's probably from the 1970s.

I think that you're going to have to replace it with something modern and available.

Do you have in-floor cleaning or just regular returns?

I have regular returns. There is a booster pump with a vacuum attachment for cleaning. I am not sure of the age of the pool. I purchased the house about 10 years ago. The house was originally built in the early '70s.
It looks like Pentair now owns the brand names - Sta-Rite - Swim Quip.

What product would I replace the old valve with?

Does it make sense to have 3 pipes returning water to the pool?

There are wires coming out of the valve (not hooked up to anything). Would these be to power up/down the entire valve or maybe switch between the 3 pipes?

Really appreciate the info.

Thanks,

Dana

I would take everything apart and find out what each pipe goes to.

Put a garden hose in the pipe and turn it on. Then, feel the returns to see which ones have water flowing out.

Do you have a spa or water features like fountains or sheer descents?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the white disc in this picture?

valve-actuator-small-jpg.159113

Can you show a picture of the whole pool and the whole equipment system?

I have just a basic pool. I have attached a photo of the pool and the equipment setup.
I believe the white disc is a part from one of the return's cover assembly.
I believe I have 7 return ports at the bottom of the pool plus 1 drain.

I spent most of yesterday understanding how the whole system works, investigating parts, etc.
I have attached a flowchart of how I believe the system works.

Dana

Attachments

• Pool Angle View.jpg
    Pool Angle View.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Pool Pumps Filter Plumbing System.jpg
    Pool Pumps Filter Plumbing System.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Pool FLow Chart.20200821.pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 2
It's hard to tell for sure. The returns might be considered in-floor cleaners with three zones. I would remove what's there and replumb with no valves so that all returns get flow all the time. When you get it open, put a garden hose in each line to map out where each line goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.