Swim jet recommendations.

Mikeph

Jul 6, 2017
Manila Philippines
A few years ago in the middle east I had a swim jet in my pool. it was powerful and a good form of exercise. I think it was Australian manufacture and I have found photos of similar (i guess models do change) Can anyone recommend a good brand? Is a single phase model going to provide enough power? I expect to use it for 20 minutes per day.

Thanks

Mike

My swim jet setup is not an 'off the shelf' type.
I did not want to spend Riverflow sort of money and was happy with the idea of aerated water stream.
I looked at the Badu system and found that unless you went for their largest triple jet setup, the width of stream would be difficult to use.
Having a width flow area means you don't slip out of the current and swim into the wall.

I worked with my pool builder and came up with a home grown alternative.
I have 3 wall jets. Each with an independent 3hp pump and returns on 2.5" plumbing.
The jets are essentially 1.5" directionally adjustable spa jets.
all three have their air injectors connected to a siphon in a garden bed close to pool (no blower)
Will all 3 running I get a broad strong water stream.
Plenty cheaper than the Badu system.

Side benefit, my kids play in them a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.