Dock

Nov 27, 2015
Lakeland
My in-ground gunite salt pool will be 6 years old in December. The salt cell has failed and I am now using half a jug of liquid chlorine every week. The cell manufacturer is Pruchlor which has a 5 year prorated warranty. How long should a salt cell last? Do I need to replace the entire unit or just the cell? I live in Central Florida - plenty of heat, humidity and summer rain.

Your signature shows you have an Intellichlor SWCG. Is that correct? Which one? IC20 or 40? What lights are showing when it is on?

My in-ground gunite salt pool will be 6 years old in December. The salt cell has failed and I am now using half a jug of liquid chlorine every week. The cell manufacturer is Pruchlor which has a 5 year prorated warranty. How long should a salt cell last? Do I need to replace the entire unit or just the cell? I live in Central Florida - plenty of heat, humidity, and summer rain.
My bad. I have a PureChlor Salt Chlorine Generator. The Troubleshooting Guide for a continuous red blinking cell light can be the result of (1) salt level below 3500 PPM; (2)debris in the cell; (3) calcium buildup; or (4) damage to blades from wear and tear. As none of these suggestions apply, I am presuming that the cell unit has reached the end of its useful life.

I do not have any experience with that type SWCG.

Please change that in your signature.

No idea. Would not want to use solid chlorine any way. You would have to drain a 1/3 of your pool every month or so to manage the CYA rise.

Reactions: JoelChadwick
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.