Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Hey, All! Spring has sprung, and it's time to start thinking pool stuff.

So, I currently have and 18x48 above ground pool, which IIRC holds like 6500 gallons. I just bought it last year, and want to get a couple of years out of it before I upgrade, But this year, I want to get a salt water chlorine generator. I was thinking about the Circupool SJ20. There is a button that says "Upgrade to SJ35 for $1" (it expires in a few days, lol).

Years ago, before the 2011 flood destroyed it, I had a 24' round pool, which held 13500 gallons. That's what I want to upgrade to in the next couple years. May even be after this summer. Should I just get the 35, knowing I'll be upgrading the pool soon? Is anyone familiar with the circupool line to know if I can set the run time without fancy automation?

There will undoubtedly be more questions to follow, since this year, I'll have to convert from soft tubing to PVC to accommodate the SWG, and I'll have to move and upgrade my equipment pad, and stuff.

As always, all your input is GREATLY appreciated!

Hey Bover !!! Planning ahead is smart. I'm guessing you already know how they work ?? An average of 8k-10k hours of runtime and less runtime per day with a larger unit means more lifespan.

The worst that can happen if you get the upgrade and not the future pool is that the cell will have an electronic failure before you use up the electrolysis plates inside. I don't recall anyone's cell lasting that long so you may be the first. :)
Is anyone familiar with the circupool line to know if I can set the run time without fancy automation
They all have their own adjustment buttons for those of us without automation.

Yeah, Newdude. I've read up on how they work. Just whatever work, and money I invest this year, I don't want to have to undo a year or two from now. Know what I mean?

Reactions: Newdude
Just whatever work, and money I invest this year, I don't want to have to undo a year or two from now. Know what I mean?
Exactly. Go big now. Even if you get another 'less permanent' pool in a few years, they make them huge too and will need the extra FC production. If your current pool lasts forever, the SWG will too. Win-win.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.