SWG Showing the wrong levels of salt.

Pearcey

Jun 5, 2021
Ontario
I have an omnilogic from hayward. Brand new to pools and we just bought a house with a pool. I constantly have this error - CHLOR Low Salt Chlorinator1. I've done several tests over the last month and they have all been about 3200. The SWG says we have 2400ppm in instant and average salt. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
One of the first signs that the SWG needs cleaned is bad salt reading.

You should remove the SWG from the system and visually inspect it for deposits and if needed, I'd wash the cell.

Since I can't see your cell or evaluate it, I do want to give this warning, every acid wash remove some of the rare earth coating and shortens the life of the cell, but if it needs to be cleaning then it need cleaned.

Check your Omni configuration…

@JamesW may help.

One of the first signs that the SWG needs cleaned is bad salt reading.

You should remove the SWG from the system and visually inspect it for deposits and if needed, I'd wash the cell.

Since I can't see your cell or evaluate it, I do want to give this warning, every acid wash remove some of the rare earth coating and shortens the life of the cell, but if it needs to be cleaning then it need cleaned.
I took the cell off a couple of days ago and it was completely clear. So i don't think it's that

Check your Omni configuration…

@JamesW may help.
I did just put in a new flow sensor, everything is working fine and even before i replaced the flow sensor i was getting this error. Do i need to configure my flow sensor i just put in/where do i need to do this. Once again a pool neeb so any help is appreciated. Thanks

If your SWG is working then you are good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.